Monday, December 3, 2007

Voice

Voice is an extremely powerful thing.
But only if you have control over it.
If you don't have control it could just as easily give the wrong message.

I think it is important to know when things need to be said and how to say them.
I think that alot of my life i didn't really say anything to people who were hurting me or making me feel bad. And i know that it is just because it's hard for me to get angry or fight with anyone.
But i feel like in my teen years i have learned how to use my voice, many things have contributed to this knowledge of voice.
My mom kept her identity quiet for the first 31 years of her life, and her strength in saying what was true for her made an impression on me i think. I admire her for it and i started to think of what i really thought and what i should be saying.
And i began to speak,
I told my dad and stepmom that my life was lonely and hurt when i was with them, I told them that i would rather be with my friends and other family besides them, i spoke my truth without feeling like i shouldn't be comlaining.
I think using your voice and expressing your thoughts is a type of self-help.
Because we all have a voice, and sometimes its an angry one.
sometimes its a quiet breath, and sometimes its a passionate tone, but no matter what it is it should be set free and allowed to say what it deep down wants to, without judgement of any other voices.

1 comment:

Renee said...

Powerful! I'm particularly struck by "Because we all have a voice, and sometimes its an angry one.
sometimes its a quiet breath..." So not speaking is a form of speaking or were you getting at something else? I like it!

Renee