Monday, November 5, 2007

YOU ARE HERE

Location: Both Left and Right ears
Cause: Born with both left and right, average, typical ears. Years pass by and holes appear. First puncture excitement, and the 8th pinch is a sinch.
Diagnosis: The teenage girl hope to be somehow special with a overwhelming side of adrenaline.
Treatment: Seemed to be a new hole everytime i got rather antsy.
Follow-up: Numerous looks from older, conserative faces and hundreds and hundreds of amazing ear decorations that i substitute in and out as i please.

Location: Nose
Cause: Mom will say it definitely came from my dad's side, and Dad will argue that its identical to my Mothers. Neither will fess up.
Diagnosis: Large, protruding hunk of nose centered on my face.
Treatment: hmm (A little too oldfashioned for a nosejob...) ahh yes, the sweet compliment of my best friend saying it fits my round face perfectly and she wouldnt have it any other way.
Follow-Up: Boost of self esteem and my first quality powder foundation.

Location: Hair of my head
Cause: I'm assuming someone along my bloodline was a Native American and i honor them for passing on the dark haired gene in this white world of fair people. I thank them for granting me the right to make blonde jokes without becoming some sort of a hypocrit.
Diagnosis: Large, thick, unpredictable locks of brown over processed hair, shoulder length and full of memory.
Treatment: a shampooing with an excessive amount of conditioner to ease my job when detangling in the 10 minutes before first period Geometry.
Follow-Up: A braid here and a pony tail there, but mostly down and a poof. Fellow dark haired love of mine says to me "Look at this hair!" and reminds me of my appreciation of have what i have been given.

3 comments:

Mikkeh said...

(A little too oldfashioned for a nosejob...)
^^ I enjoyed that. I also especially liked the "neither will fess up" part.

Fun, anecdotal lines.
I really like your writing voice.

Ciao!

Carrie SH said...

I loved your writing and all of the pictures (especially the one from CEDO) Oh, and I agree; your nose is absolutely perfect.
-Carrie

Renee said...

My favorite line is "and the 8th pinch is a sinch." not only for the rhyme but the way "sinch" can act as either a modifier or a verb. There is something very active, dynamic, about the line. I get a little squeemish reading it. You've got a great sense of rhythm with your writing Mikkeh pointed out "Neither will fess up." Sentence variety is a real strength in this passage.

Renee